Commercial litigation and arbitration scholarships are a great way to help pay for law school. However, applying for these scholarships can be daunting. There are many things you need to do in order to increase your chances of being awarded one of these scholarships. In this blog post, we will outline 5 tips from Jeremy Schulman that will help you apply for commercial litigation and arbitration scholarships!
1. Research potential scholarship opportunities – Before you start your scholarship search, it’s important to do some research into which organizations are offering these types of scholarships. Look up national and local organizations that may be offering such awards and contact them directly if needed.
2. Write compelling personal statements – Writing a strong, compelling personal statement is one of the most important parts of the application process. Make sure to highlight your unique experiences, skills, and why you believe you would make a great candidate for the scholarship opportunity.
3. Follow all instructions carefully – It’s important to thoroughly read all instructions before submitting an application and make sure that everything is completed correctly. Pay attention to any deadlines and make sure you meet them in order to increase your chances of being considered for a scholarship.
4. Get letters of recommendation – Ask professors, colleagues, employers or others who know you well to write letters of recommendation on your behalf. These should be people who can speak positively about your qualifications and experiences that are relevant for the scholarship opportunity.
5. Practice for interviews – If you’re called for an interview, make sure to practice beforehand so you can prepare yourself with thoughtful answers and examples that highlight why you should receive the scholarship award.
Once you’ve completed your application and submitted all materials, it’s best to check with the organization offering the scholarship to see if they received your application or not. You can also call or email them to inquire about their timeline for reviewing applications and when a decision will be made. This way, you can stay informed on the status of your application and make sure it was properly submitted.
When it comes to scholarship applications, there are a few common mistakes to avoid. Make sure you read all instructions carefully and that you follow them. Ensure that your materials are neatly organized and easy to read. Lastly, double-check for typos or any other errors before submitting your application. Taking the extra effort to ensure your application is complete and error-free can make all the difference in getting accepted or denied for a scholarship.
Taking these steps will help you greatly increase your chances of being awarded a commercial litigation and arbitration scholarship.
Applying for commercial litigation and arbitration scholarships can be a daunting process. However, following these 5 tips can help you increase your chances of being awarded one of these scholarships. Remember to research potential scholarship opportunities, write compelling personal statements, follow all instructions carefully, get letters of recommendation, practice for interviews and check if your application was successfully submitted. Avoiding common mistakes will also enhance your chances of success. Good luck!